From "SMITH, CURTIS" <cs0...@att.com>
Subject Confused: want low latency: do I need BOTH async logger AND async appender??
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:39:31 GMT
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/async.html

This URL describes that v2 has both async logger and async appender.   What is the suggested
config for an embedded situation where I want low latency, nothing fancy?

I've had do this in code since we don't own the cmd line:  OSGi and system vendor owns the
box and java command line.

System.setProperty("AsyncLoggerContextSelector", "org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector");
System.setProperty("AsyncLogger.RingBufferSize", "128");        // min size permissable to
keep memory low
System.setProperty("AsyncLogger.WaitStrategy", "Block");        // less CPU, better for embedded
env
System.setProperty("log4j2.disable.jmx", "true");               // saves on a jmx jar and
we don't use JMX anyway

Tnx curt

Curt Smith
AT&T Digital Life