From "SMITH, CURTIS" <cs0...@att.com>
Subject RE: reflection? RE: async logger on slow single core env performs 50% worse than log4j v1
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:05:17 GMT
Ralph,  Was your comment about BasicContextSelector me and my quest to get V2 to run as well
as V1 on my slow single core J2ME env?

My test run with AsyncLogger blew up.  This J2ME VM does not have reflection.  Guessing that
disruptor uses reflection to cast methods/objects (bottom).

This leaves me with just one more experiment to get V2 to perform as well as V1:  RollingFile
with bufferedIO=false

RE: MDC, no we'll not use any location info, just passing values like username (example) and
similar  constant values from each transaction initiation into the log.

#0   ERROR   > Error occurred while trying to activate bundle!
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:233)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.BundleImpl.startIt(BundleImpl.java:4287)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.BundleImpl.simpleStart(BundleImpl.java:1744)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.BundleImpl.start0(BundleImpl.java:1642)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.BundleImpl.start0(BundleImpl.java:1515)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:1350)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:1060)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.module.boot.BootImpl.start(BootImpl.java:869)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.module.boot.BootImpl.executeBoot(BootImpl.java:386)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.module.boot.BootImpl.processDefaultBoot(BootImpl.java:163)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.module.boot.BootImpl.start(BootImpl.java:93)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.FrameworkLauncher.start(FrameworkLauncher.java:1194)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.FrameworkLauncher.finishLaunch(FrameworkLauncher.java:501)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.FrameworkLauncher.launch(FrameworkLauncher.java:476)
        at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:195)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.Start.processFrameworkLaunch(Start.java:196)
        at com.prosyst.mbs.impl.framework.Start.main(Start.java:82)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unexpected error building Logger: null
        at com.att.dlc.logging.LoggerFactory.buildLogger(LoggerFactory.java:92)
        at com.att.dlc.logging.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:34)
        at com.att.dlc.osgi.Activator.<clinit>(Activator.java:120)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:211)
        ... 19 more
        at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:197)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:204)
        at com.att.dlc.logging.LoggerFactory.buildLogger(LoggerFactory.java:89)
        ... 23 more
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:233)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLogger.calculateRingBufferSize(AsyncLogger.java:123)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLogger.<clinit>(AsyncLogger.java:89)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:211)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContext.newInstance(AsyncLoggerContext.java:51)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.getLogger(LoggerContext.java:274)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.getLogger(LoggerContext.java:255)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.getLogger(LoggerContext.java:51)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.getLogger(LogManager.java:364)
        at com.att.dlc.logging.Log4jLogger.<init>(Log4jLogger.java:38)
        at com.att.dlc.logging.Log4jLogger.<init>(Log4jLogger.java:46)
        at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:195)
        ... 25 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to load unsafe
        at com.lmax.disruptor.util.Util.<clinit>(Util.java:112)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:211)
        ... 37 more
Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: theUnsafe
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:259)
        at com.lmax.disruptor.util.Util.<clinit>(Util.java:108)
        ... 39 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: theUnsafe
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFieldImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:487)
        at com.lmax.disruptor.util.Util$1.run(Util.java:102)
        at com.lmax.disruptor.util.Util$1.run(Util.java:99)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:255)
        ... 40 more