From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Logging only particular users
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:35:18 GMT
Hi

We are using log4j for many years now for our open source CMS
www.yanel.org and it works really great
and I really would like to thank everyone who contributed to log4j.

Over the years we are experiencing that more and more people are using
our software, which is very nice, but
it also makes it harder to debug. Hence I had the idea that it would be
nice if one could filter the log file, such that one
would see only the log statements generated by requests of a particular
user.

I guess a simple way to accomplish this would be to add the user or
session id to the log statement and then to grep for this user or
session id. But it seems to me a bit crude and hence I wanted to ask if
somebody might have tried something similar?

Thanks

Michael