From Remko Popma <rem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Confused: want low latency: do I need BOTH async logger AND async appender??
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:19:28 GMT
Curt,

Without knowing your app & env characteristics, I'd say that looks fine. The ring buffer
won't grow, so if you get bursts larger than 128 log events you will see latency going up
as logging will become IO bound when the ring buffer is full.

Otherwise all seems reasonable.
Let me know if you hit any snags.

Regards,
Remko

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013/07/24, at 0:39, "SMITH, CURTIS" <cs0428@att.com> wrote:

> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/async.html
>
> This URL describes that v2 has both async logger and async appender.   What is the suggested
config for an embedded situation where I want low latency, nothing fancy?