From Roland <...@ids.de>
Subject Re: log4j 2 official release date
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:28:16 GMT
Hi,
*I'm interested in a performance test which takes the initialization time
and the underlying system into account.* I'm using log4j2 in combination
with embedded Linux, Apache Felix (OSGi container) and PowerPC 440 processor
(single core). The time that is required to initialize log4j2 is
unacceptably high compared to log4j 1.2. Logback is a bit better here, but
also performse poorly. This is due to the large number of dependencies. I've
found a solution by repacking log4j2 so that I don't need to import unused
transitive dependencies.

Regards
Roland