From dxande6 <deananderson...@gmail.com>
Subject Dynamically (programmatically) add logger in Log4j2
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 15:06:15 GMT
I'm trying to create an admin console for log4j2 similar to what we have done
for log4j 1.x

We list out the loggers and their current log level.  We also have links on
the right side to allow users to click on the link and let them update their
log level to any level of their choosing.  Finally, we give them a text box
to add a new logger (i.e., x.y.z), indicate their log level and click add.

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to add a new logger programmatically
in log4j2.  Does anyone have any advice on how I can do this
programmatically?  It needs to be dynamic in case the logger was not created
at the time of deployment.

Thank you in advance.

-Dean