From Marcin ZajÄ…czkowski <msz...@wp.pl>
Subject ClassCastException when using log4j2 with gradle-tomcat-plugin
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:02:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm playing with log4j2 and today I've found the issue when I tried to
use it with gradle-tomcat-plugin [1]. In the web application with Spring
4 when the context is starting I've got:

> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.logging.log4j.core.web.Log4jServletContainerInitializer
> cannot be cast to javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer on startup.

I reported an issue [2] to the plugin author also with simple quickstart
application [3] which reproduces the problem, but we have no clue why it
happens.

Maybe you have any hints?

[1] - https://github.com/bmuschko/gradle-tomcat-plugin/
[2] - https://github.com/bmuschko/gradle-tomcat-plugin/issues/78