From Ralph Goers <rgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4j2 Logging to FlumeAppender when Flume agents are down
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 12:23:44 GMT
What version of Log4j are you using? Which variation of the Appender are you using? (Agent,
embedded, persistent).

The latest log4j release upgraded the flume Appender to use Flume 1.4, with that version Flume
is actually doing all the connectivity so any errors with regards to failover would be in
Flume, not Log4j.

Sent from my iPad

> On Feb 19, 2014, at 2:46 PM, Michael Friedmann <mfriedmann@helmpoint.com> wrote:
>
> We are using a FlumeAppender under Log4j2.  Currently, we have one Agent configured.
 If the Flume agent is running, all is well.  However, if the agent goes down, this appears
to cause the application to hang.  We can configure multiple Flume agents for failover, but
I don't believe this addresses the underlying problem (i.e. this should not cause the application
to hang).  Is this a bug in log4j2 - I'll be happy to enter a ticket if that is the case -
or are there configuration settings that would resolve this (that would be my preference).