From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logo contest: nominate your favorite logo
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:46:13 GMT
On 17 Feb 2014, at 2:18, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Because I would like to participate and am still in the hospital. Not
> easy to do stuff only from my phone or iPad

Ralph, please let us know when you have recovered that well to
participate.
We can wait until you feel fresh enough again. Pls get well soon (not
only bc of the logo)!

>> On Feb 16, 2014, at 4:28 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Also, why not let people vote on all the logos, on the ML? The wiki
>> step seems to be like an exercise... the original plan called for a
>> two rounds for votes, presumably on the ML. Why wait until Thursday?
>> Why not start Monday?

Thursday/Monday: no preference. I just threw in a date, and my next free
slot was on thursday.
We can go with monday IF Ralph is happy with that and has recovered
enough.

I thought of the wiki "vote" as round 1. It seems you think different,
maybe you are right.

Let's nail it down and see if we agree to that.

I understood your suggestion as Option 1:

- start first vote on monday (except: if Ralph feels not healthy enough)
- vote for 3 days on ALL designs on mailing list
- call a new vote with the 10 most voted logos
- select the one with the most votes

I would have done it like that (Option 2):

- start vote on monday with all nominated logos (except: if Ralph feels
not healthy enough)
- if no clear winner was found, call for another vote on the remaining 3

Personally I have no preference, we can go with Option 1 if you (others)
like.

Cheers
Christian

>> Gary
>>

>>> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Christian Grobmeier
>>> <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think it was me who was thinking wrong, sorry.
>>>
>>> Then let's start the round-1-vote coming thursday.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Christian

---