From Michael Friedmann <mfriedm...@helmpoint.com>
Subject RE: log4j2 and Hibernate
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:45:02 GMT
Nick,

To my knowledge, Hibernate does not use JBoss logging until version 4.x and we're using Hibernate
3.x, so JBoss logging is not on our classpath.  Am I mistaken?

Michael
From: Nick Williams [nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 1:10 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: log4j2 and Hibernate

Michael, what version of JBoss Logging is on your classpath?

On Feb 14, 2014, at 11:22 AM, Michael Friedmann wrote:

> We are using log4j2 and Hibernate (3.6.0.Final) wired through Spring (HibernateJpaVendorAdapter).
 Whenever 'showSql' is set to true, this seems to cause the application to hang (deadlock?)
- needless to say without displaying any native SQL logging.  Anyone else run into this issue?
 We need to be able to display Hibernate's native SQL logging at times, so permanently turning
this off is not really an option.