From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rolling in log4j2
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 23:59:19 GMT
Agreed that this seems a common use case. Looking at the
LOG4J2-435<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-435> ticket,
you're now the third person asking for this feature...

Team, what about adding a maxAge attribute to DefaultRolloverStrategy? The
attribute would accept values like "3d" (delete older than 3 days),
similarly "4w" (4 weeks), "5M" (5 months) etc.
The scanned directory would be the parent dir of the rolled over file
specified by the {{filePattern}} attribute, and any file in that directory
would be candidates for deletion.

Thoughts?