From "Zabicki Roman (HERE/Chicago)" <roman.zabi...@here.com>
Subject configuring a non-core appender in log4j2
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 19:30:18 GMT
Hi,

I want to use a non-core appender with log4j2. In particular, I want to use the apache flume
appender. (http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/log4j-flume-ng/)

When I build, I wind up with the Log4j2Plugins.dat from log4j, which doesn't have support
for the flume appender, so I can't register the flume appender in my log4j2.xml. It seems
that there's no way to register custom appender classes just via log4j2.xml, and instead I
have to use PluginManager to register the \org\apache\logging\log4j\core\config\plugins\Log4j2Plugin.dat.
I can't find any examples of how to do this, let alone examples of how to automate this in
a build.

Is it possible to register a custom appender class solely through log4j2.xml, or do I need
to go through the PluginManager? Whatever the answer, can someone show me an example? I'm
particularly interested in how to automate this in a build.

Thanks,
Roman