From <sschaef...@woh.rr.com>
Subject permissions on log files that RollingFileAppender creates
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:11:52 GMT
In my log4j.properties, it is configured to use

	log4j.appender.logfile=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

In previous versions, the log files it auto-created had 660 (rw-rw----) permissions,
but now it seems to create them with 640 (rw-r-----).

Is there a property I can set within the log4j.properties file to tell
the file appender what permissions to create the new log files with?

I am working with an Oracle supplied Apache server.
	Oracle-Application-Server-10g/10.1.3.5.0 Oracle-HTTP-Server

The previous versions were 10.1.2.x.x that created the log files with the desired 660 permissions.
Due to patching level requirements, I have to be at the 10.1.3.5.0 level.