From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Share your experiences with log4j.
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:21:12 GMT
Hi

I am using log4j within the Yanel CMS (http://www.yanel.org) for regular
debugging, but
also for logging of 404 and access.

I have recently upgraded part of the code to log4j2 in order to use fish
tagging, which works very fine.

Also I am using log4j to send messages via HTTP (and ActiveMQ messages)
to another server asynchronously,
but in this particular case I am struggling with some odd threading
problem, which is slowing down the CMS
and makes it stop completely at some point. Unfortunately I have not
found the reason yet for this and hence
it is currently disabled, whereas I don't think it has anything to do
with log4j itself, but rather with the code of
our custom logger. As soon as I will have some time I will compare our
code with for example

https://github.com/alexlod/scribe-log4j-appender

HTH

Michael