From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: DefaultRolloeverStrategy
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:14:21 GMT
Remko, that is not exactly correct.  If you specify %i in the filePattern once the max value
is hit the oldest file that matches the complete pattern will be deleted automatically.  The
issue you are speaking of is that when the pattern includes a date via %d we will not delete
files from previous dates.

If the pattern only contains %d and does not contain %i then the files will never be deleted
by Log4j.

Ralph

On Jul 30, 2014, at 3:44 PM, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:

> The built-in rollover only moves/renames but never deletes files. (We actually have outstanding
enhancement request to add some auto-delete function.)