From "Yair Ogen (yaogen)" <yao...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Converter Plugin not loaded
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:24:02 GMT
In my case it find the *.dat file from core jar. Not clear how can we add more custom plugins.
The same applies to my configuration plugin. I had to also use a ContextFactory and call start(new
MyNewConfiguration()) manually for the custom configuration to work.

Something in the plugin mechanism is not extension friendly.

Best Regards,

Yair Ogen

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaime Sastre [mailto:jsastre@globalavl.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 16:20
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: Converter Plugin not loaded

I will try to do it bw today and tomorrow.
From what I see in code in pluginmanager:

    private static PluginRegistry<PluginType<?>> decode(final ResourceLoader loader)
{
        final Enumeration<URL> resources;
        try {
            resources = loader.getResources(PluginProcessor.PLUGIN_CACHE_FILE);
            if (resources == null) {
                return null;
            }
        } catch (final IOException ioe) {
            LOGGER.warn("Unable to preload plugins", ioe);
            return null;
        }
        final PluginRegistry<PluginType<?>> map = new PluginRegistry<PluginType<?>>();
        while (resources.hasMoreElements()) {

It cannot load PluginProcessor.PLUGIN_CACHE_FILE
resources.hasMoreElements() == false

Probably a classloading issue since PluginProcessor.PLUGIN_CACHE_FILE exists on the jar file