From Chris Graham <chrisgw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logger.setLevel() not supported in 2.0?
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 08:06:04 GMT
I certainly would!

I often leave a logger (yes, a static one) in info model and change levels depending on what
is going in. Ie, kick it into debug mode as needed. Saves from a lot of scroll blindness.

-Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 23/07/2014, at 4:32 PM, Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann@asg.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> from "Converting to the Log4j 2 API":
> Calls to org.apache.log4j.Logger.setLevel() or similar methods are not supported in the
API.
> Applications should remove these.
>
> Could imagine the reason, checking getLevel() is final, so it's quick.
> But, when you have in your program your good old fixed static Logger log, it's often
helpful to toggle its logger level at runtime, when the method that should be investigated
is reached in the code or in the debugger ... enable DEBUG output and disable it again ...