From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot set up my custom layout in 2.0 (worked in rc1)
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:02:49 GMT
The manual still has a few places where the packages attribute for custom
plugins is mentioned:
* Configuration > Configuration with XML (both in the table and in the
strict XML example)
* Configuration > Configuration with Jason (the first example and the
second (Routing) example)
* Configuration > Configuring Filters (the example)
* Configuration > Property Substitution (the example)
* Configuration > Status Messages (the example)
* Appenders > (most examples)
* Filters > (most examples)

If this attribute no longer works we should probably remove all references.
We should also mention in the release notes that this mechanism no longer
works and users need to rebuild their custom plugins in order to use them
with log4j-2.0.

One concern: if I let my IDE do the compilation for my custom plugin, and I
create a jar by using my IDE's "Export Jar" function, will this jar file
include the plugin metadata file? (If not we should warn users about this.)

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alright, I've updated the manual to explain the current plugin process.
>

> On 17 July 2014 17:17, Jaime Sastre <jsastre@globalavl.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I thought 1.5 could compile but services stuff was in 1.6, never
> > mind
> >

> > Sent via Xiaomi
> >
> > On Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>, Jul 17, 2014 11:50 PM wrote:
> > What do you mean? You can't compile anything using log4j-core in a
> version
> > of javac older than 1.6.
> >

> > On 17 July 2014 14:40, Jaime Sastre <jsastre@globalavl.com> wrote:
> >
> > > But if you get the wrong versiĆ³n of javac it wont'be noticed
> > >

> > > Sent via Xiaomi
> > >
> > > On Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>, Jul 17, 2014 9:20 PM wrote:
> > > I'll add some documentation about it. However, the annotation processor
> > > would work with Ant or even just Make. It's part of javac.

> > > ralph.goers@dslextreme.com

> and
> > > tell

> > > log4j-core
> > > plugin
> > > effectively
> > > classpath,
> log4j-core,
> > > log4j-core
> > > (e.g.,

> older

> > sure
> > (which
> > > is
> > > annotation

> > > status="WARN">

> > is

the progress of it.

> GlobalAVLJSONLayout

> filePattern="conf-logs/$${date:yyyy-MM}/app-%d{MM-dd-yyyy}-%i.log.gz">
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > <GlobalAVLJSONLayout

   <Policies>

   </Policies>

I am getting this: