From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any backwards compatibility tool for old log4j.properties?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:53:31 GMT
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-635

Feel free to vote on this, contribute patches, etc. I've spent a little bit
of time working on a ConfigurationFactory for properties files, but it
quickly became a non-trivial task converting a flat map structure into a
tree.

For what it's worth, I find the log4j.properties file confusing. I have no
idea how to configure log4j 1.2 using the properties file. I've always used
the XML format due to it being much easier.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>