From Mariano Gonzalez <mariano.l.gonza...@gmail.com>
Subject Any backwards compatibility tool for old log4j.properties?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:28:06 GMT
Hello all,

I'm part of the development team of a popular middleware product that acts
as an application container. I'm working in moving from log4j 1.2 to 2.0
for our next release.

We noticed that most of our users use a log4j.properties file to configure
logging in their applications. To make migration easier, I would like to
build a custom ConfigurationFactory which is able to parse that .properties
file and create the configuration.

Do you already have something like that? Anyone had this migration issue
already and has some tool for it? Is anyone considering adding something
like this to the product?

Thanks!