From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: All log4j appenders defined in log4j.properties in play
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 15:47:09 GMT

First, your understanding is incorrect.  You can attach appenders to any
logger, not just the root.  Second, there must be some other stray log4j
config file being loaded, instead of this one, that logs to a file appender
pointing at the same file as the one in this log4j.properties.

I suggest you start up the server with the following system property set to be
able to see how log4j is loading configuration...

-Dlog4j.debug=true

Jake