From Michael Schall <mike.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending Appenders
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:57:06 GMT
Thanks for your response Remko.

Looking into this further, I could duplicate the SmtpAppender code as it
really just seems to do plugin work.  The bulk of the code is in the
SmtpManager class which is not marked final. The constructor is marked
protected, however it takes a private class (FactoryData).  I would also
like to override the sendEvents method, but then I run into issues because
the buffer is private.

Do these changes seem like an issue?

Mike