From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: RollingFileAppender appears to be losing log entries
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 00:02:31 GMT
On 11/2/2014 12:57 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> 1.  I would check bugzilla to see if anyone has reported this. I don’t recall seeing
anything like it in the last 4 years.
> 2. Log4j 1.x is not actively maintained. Even if you find that it is a bug it is unlikely
to ever be fixed. Upgrading to Log4j 2 is recommended.

When I looked at the slf4j site, I could not see a binding for log4j2.
Digging deeper, it does appear that log4j2 itself might provide the
necessary functionality, but I am having some trouble figuring out
exactly which jars I need in order to handle everything.

Solr uses slf4j for logging, and some of solr's dependencies require jcl
as well as java.util.logging, so those must be properly intercepted.
Solr itself has a few dependencies on log4j 1.x, mostly in the handling
of a Logging tab for the admin UI (one implementation watches log4j, the
other watches java.util.logging), but it seems that some util classes
also have a dependency.

As I said in the original email, here's the jars I'm using now:

jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.6.jar
jul-to-slf4j-1.7.6.jar
log4j-1.2.17.jar
2014 slf4j-api-1.7.6.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.7.6.jar

Can you help me figure out a new set of jars to use version 2.1?  I
guess I'll figure out at that point whether any source code changes are
required.  It does appear that I will need a new configuration file,
because I don't see any non-xml config examples.

Thanks,
Shawn