From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4j2.xml in EAR
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 03:11:49 GMT
Yes. Your links are very valuable for setups where the configuration exists
outside the container. They just aren't what I am looking for at this
moment.

For the record, I also tried to set the log4j2.xml file in the META-INF
directory of the EJB JAR. That didn't work either. That would have been a
good backup if I couldn't have used the EAR root. In any event, I'm sorry I
couldn't succeed to help others how to do it too. It's something I will
continue to investigate in my spare time.

Cheers,
Paul

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

> Did you look at the links I sent in the prior email? It had a couple of
> options on where to put the log4j2.xml.  But yes, META-INF does not look to
> be a standard location unless you modify the deployment descriptor.
>
> Ralph
>
> > On Nov 3, 2014, at 3:09 PM, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Well..... I don't know if there is a solution for me. I found a note on
> the
> > JBoss forums saying the <Ear>/META-INF folder is not visible to its
> > children [1]. Consequently, I must conclude that it's currently not
> > possible to put the configuration on the EAR level with v2. I really
> wanted
> > this feature like v1, but I think it only works with v1 because JBoss
> > provides custom support for it (just my guess). They are still
> researching
> > v2 integration [2] so let's hope for the best.
> >
> > [1] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2014-June/002262.html
> > [2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-1037
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Paul
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> This looks to be somewhat JBoss specific.
> >>
> >> Ralph

Paul Benedict <