From Andrew Munn <and...@nmedia.net>
Subject Custom appender needed to HTTP POST log msgs?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 00:29:40 GMT
I use the Slack chat application and I can post msgs to it using http POST
like this:

curl -X POST --data-urlencode 'payload={"channel": "#general", "username":
"webhookbot", "text": "This is the errort.", "icon_emoji": ":ghost:"}'
https://me.slack.com/services/hooks/incoming-webhook?token=xxxx

Is there a way to configure an off-the-shelf appender to HTTP POST log
messsages like this directly?  Or do I need to create a custom appender?
I know I could just log to a file, tail the file, and piece together that
curl command in a shell script each time the file is appended to.

Thanks