From Goran Karlic <goran.kar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect log4j to JUL
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 15:12:14 GMT
I was wondering why Google doesn't know about it. I see it's not something that's really missing,
but rather an awkward request.

I already spent too much time on this :-) but if I ever implement it, I'll submit.

Cheers!

> On 05 Jan 2015, at 23:06, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> It isn’t a “trap”.  It is simply that you are the first person to ask for the feature
- at least in the last 4 years that I have been following this list.  We generally only implement
things either we want to use ourselves or that we find interesting or compelling. If you,
or someone else, provides an implementation for this we would surely consider including it.

> Ralph
>
>> On Jan 5, 2015, at 7:00 AM, Goran Karlic <goran.karlic@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for the specific and quick answer.
>>
>> Am I right to suspect that log4j to JUL does not exist is a "trap" meant to force
people to bother with log4j when they would be perfectly happy with JUL? :-)

>> Sounds a bit Microsoftish. :-D
>>
>>> On 05 Jan 2015, at 21:38, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, log4j currently does not support this, so you would have to implement this
yourself. I recommend that you consider doing this the other way around and route the JUL
logging to log4j2. This would give you the performance benefits of async loggers, flexible
layouts like PatternLayout, and other conveniences like Lookups, without having to write a
single line of java code.

>>> Sent from my iPhone

why I am asking the question here.

use async loggers and other log4j2 features).

log4j api to a JUL implementation.