From David Lee <d...@calldei.com>
Subject Loggers for internal purposes
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 12:32:27 GMT
I am interested in using Log4j to record log information (events?) for internal purposes,
not routed as default as configured with the default configuration.
Reading "Event Logging" seems very close, but I can't see where it defines what happens to
the events
logged with
1.     EventLogger.logEvent(msg);
Where do these events go ? where does one 'capture' the events ?
The docs say it uses a logger  "EventLogger" ... does that mean this uses the same LoggerContext
and config as
other loggers ?  If so what is the difference between this logger and say any logger I created
with
      Logger logger = LogManager.getLogger("MyLogger") ?

Thanks.

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com<mailto:dlee@calldei.com>
http://www.xmlsh.org<http://www.xmlsh.org/>