From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect log4j to JUL
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 13:38:09 GMT
Yes, log4j currently does not support this, so you would have to implement this yourself. I
recommend that you consider doing this the other way around and route the JUL logging to log4j2.
This would give you the performance benefits of async loggers, flexible layouts like PatternLayout,
and other conveniences like Lookups, without having to write a single line of java code.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2015/01/05, at 21:59, Goran Karlic <goran.karlic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just want to redirect log4j to JUL - not the other way around.
>
> Obviously Google can answer JUL to log4j, but not log4j to JUL - this is why I am asking
the question here.

> How come there is no way to do this simple thing?
>
> I have some 3rd party module that uses log4j and I just want to make it output the logs
via JUL.

> Do I have to implement it myself?
>
> Thank you!
>

>> On 05 Jan 2015, at 20:20, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The log4j-jul module lets one redirect JUL logging to log4j (so you can use async
loggers and other log4j2 features).