From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Intermittent log file compression issue
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:32:30 GMT
Yes, that is the correct answer.  As a matter of course you should never cause a file to be
open for write from a) multiple web applications or b) multiple processes without using file
locking. Note that RollingFileAppender clearly says it does not support file locking - there
are just too many issues with it when trying to roll the files from multiple web apps or containers.

Ralph