From Daniel Widdis <wid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HipChat Appender
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 04:52:46 GMT
I think this one is best left outside of the official log4j release for
now.

Its main dependency is Collabsoft's HipChatAPI
(https://bitbucket.org/collabsoft/hipchatapi/) which is still in "alpha"
development (and signs are it's not being actively developed).  That API
in turn is using version 1 of the HipChat API, which has now been
deprecated with a note that "new development should use version 2".
There is a project using the v2 HipChat API
(https://github.com/evanwong/hipchat-java), but it has a Java 8 dependency.

At some point when I get time I may fork my project and try to implement
the new API... or better yet, fork the log4j project itself so a patch
will be easier.

For now, a web search points to my project, a single-classfile Custom
Appender implementation that's easy enough to add to any project.

Dan