From "lomax0000@gmail.com" <lomax0...@gmail.com>
Subject log4j configuration ignored for inner classes
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 18:32:03 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to cut back on some of the logging noise from the Spark / Kafka
frameworks by editing log4j.properties. However, it seems like
package-specific customisations are ignored for inner classes.
For example, the following configuration lines mostly work as expected,
suppressing most logs from these packages below WARN level:
log4j.logger.org.apache.spark=WARN
log4j.logger.kafka.utils=WARN

However, I am still getting log messages at INFO from classes like:
org.apache.spark.Logging$class
kafka.utils.Logging$class

I suspect it's because these are inner classes. It still happens even when
I go up a level and add configurations like "log4j.logger.org=WARN".

Is this a known bug in log4j? Is there any known way to suppress these,
ideally through configuration rather than programmatically?

Many thanks