From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why is log4net not more similar to log4j(2)?
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2015 13:17:57 GMT
On 2015-09-19, Nicholas Duane wrote:

> I'm not sure how the log4j, log4j2 and log4net groups are related.

The people developing log4j and the people developing log4net are
separate teams - and have always been.  The other log4XYZ-es (everything
not log4j) have been inspired by log4j but they've never been started by
the log4j folks because they wanted to reach beyond the Java platform.

> I'm not sure if it works this way, but I see that the apache logging
> framework can be an architecture/design or specification which can be
> realized on different platform/languages.

This is not how things happened historically.

It might even be a bad idea if such an approach forced you to base the
architecture on the least common denominator of your target platforms -
I'm not sure.

Stefan