From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Jar in WEB-INF/lib not logging
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 05:05:32 GMT
First, I am making the assumption that you are using the fully qualified class name as the
name of your loggers. You have a logger for com.thad.gwtapp.server so all classes that are
under that package will be logged at the debug level.  You don’t specify a root logger so
any other logger is going to use the default level of error and will log to the console.

You also have specified strict=true, but the configuration doesn’t match that.

Please tell me what happens if you use the configuration below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Configuration status=“debug" name=“thadGwt" monitorInterval="10">

 <Properties>
   <Property name="logpath">/Users/thad/temp</Property>
 </Properties>

 <Appenders>
   <RollingFile name="RollingFile" fileName="${logpath}/gwtapp.log"
       filePattern="${logpath}/gwtapp_%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.log">
     <PatternLayout pattern="%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} %-5level %logger{1}.%method() - %msg%n"/>
     <Policies>
       <TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy />
     </Policies>
     <DefaultRolloverStrategy max="20"/>
   </RollingFile>
 </Appenders>

 <Loggers>
   <Logger name="com.thad.gwtapp.server" level="debug" additivity="true">
     <AppenderRef ref="RollingFile"/>
   </Logger>
   <Logger name=“com.thad.image.utils" level="debug" additivity="true">
     <AppenderRef ref="RollingFile"/>
   </Logger>
   <Root level=“error”>
      <AppenderRef ref="RollingFile”/>