From Priya Ahuja <priahuja...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Markers
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 18:38:32 GMT
Hi,

I am currently using log4j2.0 and I have implemented Marker (SYSLOG_MARKER)
for deciding the destination of a log to be localfile log or syslog. But
with this approach all the existing logs in the system (~5000) will need
manual decision and addition of marker to every single log. Is there a
better way to filter logs at INFO level? I don't want to introduce a new
level.

        <Root level="INFO">
            <AppenderRef ref="RFC5424">
                <filters>
                    <MarkerFilter marker="SYSLOG" onMatch="ACCEPT"
onMismatch="DENY"/>
                </filters>
            </AppenderRef>
            <AppenderRef ref="LOGFILE"/>