From Sharath Gururaj <e2718...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileAppender append="false" does not truncate the file on startup
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 07:25:11 GMT
@Remko, Yes, the actual behaviour is that log4j is appending to end of
existing file instead of truncating it.

This is happening only in the presence of another RollingFileAppender which
sits alongside the FileAppender.
If only the FileAppender is present, then truncation works as expected.

Please find my log4j config here

My log4j config <http://pastebin.com/NH3PKAw8>

And this is my output from DEBUG on configuration
DEBUG configuration output <http://pastebin.com/bVc8ywB7>

If this is indeed a bug, I'd like to try and submit a patch :)

Regards
Sharath