From degenaro <lou.degen...@gmail.com>
Subject how to detect logger is unable to write to file?
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:21:41 GMT
We use log4j with rolling appenders for daemons that run 24x7.  The daemons
run as a user on linux and the log files are written to a filesystem that
has a quota.  Normally this works great.  Once in a while (usually due to
human error) the quota is exceeded.  This, unfortunately, prevents the
daemons from writing their logs...worst of all silently.  There is no
indication that anything is wrong!

So my question is: how do we configure log4j so that when logging (to file)
fails the daemon can find out and take appropriate action?