From "Pruitt, Byron S" <steve.pru...@hp.com>
Subject rolling file appender - file created on when service
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 14:25:10 GMT
I have a rolling file Appender defined.  My app is a Tomcat webapp.  When I start Tomcat manually,
I do not get a log file created.  When I start Tomcat as a Windows service, the log file is
created.  Why is the log file not created when starting manually?

<RollingRandomAccessFile name="RollingLog" fileName="logs/myApp.log" filePattern="logs/$${date:yyyy-MM}/myApp-%d{MM-dd-yyyy}-%i.log.gz"
ignoreExceptions="false">
    <PatternLayout>
        <Pattern>%d{dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss} %level %c{1.} [%t] %marker %m%n %ex{full}</Pattern>
    </PatternLayout>
    <Policies>
        <TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy interval="6" modulate="true"/>
        <SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy size="250 MB"/>
    </Policies>
</RollingRandomAccessFile>

Thanks in advance.

-SP