From "流子℡" <41157...@qq.com>
Subject 回复:Difference between <asyncRoot> and -DAsyncLoggerContextSelector
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:01:43 GMT
if you set -DAsyncLoggerContextSelector ,all the asyncRoot node should be changed to Root,
because needn't.
the difference is  set DAsyncLoggerContextSelector make all the logger async,however. asyncRoot
 only make async inclued in  the node.

发件人: "Strong Su";<lovelosew@gmail.com>;
发送时间: 2015年10月19日(星期一) 下午5:57
收件人: "Log4J Users List"<log4j-user@logging.apache.org>;

主题: Difference between <asyncRoot> and -DAsyncLoggerContextSelector

Hello everyone,

I'm not pretty sure about the difference <asyncRoot>
and -DAsyncLoggerContextSelector.
Here is a small slice example of log4j2.xml:

<Loggers>
    <logger name="Class_A" level="info" additivity="false"/>
    <root level="info/>
</Loggers>

When I set -DAsyncLoggerContextSelector, and both Class_A's logs and other
logs(like Class_B) should be async because the JAVA_OPTS makes all loggers
async..
But if I do not set -DAsyncLoggerContextSelector and change root to
asyncroot.
Should logs from Class_A be async or sync?
And what will happen if I remove additivity="false"?

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Dylan Su