From John Lussmyer <Cou...@CasaDelGato.com>
Subject Re: Trigger RollingRandomAccessFile appender programmtically?
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 21:22:01 GMT
I can easily write an "OnDemandTriggeringPolicy" class that implements TriggeringPolicy.
I just don't see how I can get the RollingRandomAccessFile to use it.
I'd prefer to just put it in my log4j.xml as one of the <Policies>, but I don't see
how to configure log4j to allow that.

On Mon Dec 21 13:05:47 PST 2015 ralph.goers@dslextreme.com said:
>What do you mean by ?using a custom triggering policy??
>
>Ralph
>
>> On Dec 21, 2015, at 1:47 PM, John Lussmyer <Cougar@CasaDelGato.com> wrote:
>>
>> Looking at the TriggeringPolicy interface, writing one that will do what I need would
be trivial.

>> The main problem is that I can't find any info on using a custom triggering policy.
>>
>> On Mon Dec 21 10:48:44 PST 2015 ralph.goers@dslextreme.com said:
>>> Log4j 2.5 added a CronTriggeringPoilicy that triggers a rollover when the specified
time pattern matches. You could look at that and create your own triggering policy that triggers
on whatever your criteria is.  As an alternative you can locate the Appender in the configuration,
obtain its manager and kick off the rollover in your code.