From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC5424 over TCP without TLS
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 01:29:00 GMT
So going back to your original issue. You're basically asking for the
method SyslogAppender.createAppender(...) to take an
optional useTlsMessageFormat boolean to override what the method computes
based on protocol and sslConfig. Seems like an easy way for users to shoot
themselves in the foot... and also for the SyslogAppender to make itself
non-compliant to the RFC.

I wonder if we need an ExtendedSyslogAppender where the user can override
this kind of setting with it being documented as a non-RFC-conforming
appender.

Ralph?

Gary