From Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880...@gmail.com>
Subject Log file location for SysLogAppender
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:56:12 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying connect to a sysLogAppender with log4j2. Please find my log4j2
configuration below.

<Syslog name="bsd" host="localhost" port="514" protocol="TCP"/>

Initially I could see an error when starting my server as [1]. I could
solve that issue after uncommenting the lines [2] in /etc/rsyslog.conf. I
don't see any errors while starting my server now.
I need to know the location where my logs write to?

[1] ERROR An exception occurred processing Appender bsd
org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.AppenderLoggingException: Error
writing to TCP:localhost:514 socket not available
[2] $ModLoad imtcp
     $InputTCPServerRun 514

Thanks,
Nipuni