From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: controlling the status logger output?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 15:54:05 GMT
If you set the status level to ERROR the StatusLogger should generate very little output. That
said, if you are concerned you can redirect stdout and implement the rolling yourself.

Ralph

> On Mar 7, 2016, at 8:39 AM, Nicholas Duane <nickdu@msn.com> wrote:
>
> We've written some appenders and I think the prescribed approach is to use the status
logger in log4j2 components, is that correct?  The problem we're running into is that we redirect
stdout to a file and thus that file can grow unbounded.  It seems there's no way to have something
like a rolling file appender for the status logger, correct?  Any suggestions for limiting
the size of the log generated by the status logger when stdout has been redirected to a file?