From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is there any way to add a marker to a logger rather than a log
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 04:22:48 GMT
The log4j API does not provide a way to "set" a marker that will be emitted on all events produced
by that logger.

However, one idea is to generate a logger wrapper and write the above logic in the wrapper.
Log4j provides a tool to generate logger wrappers for custom log levels. This will give a
good starting point.

Let me know if you have questions.
Remko

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2016/03/29, at 10:58, Maple Wang <maple.feng.wang@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> Yes, I want to use specific marker on one more loggers, I mean current way of using marker
is not so convenient if I want to add same marker to multiple log records, so I require to
add marker to a logger directly, then all log records using this logger will have this marker
automatically, do we have this feature now in log4j2.5? or is there any workaround to achieve
this?