From Christian <christ...@myvm.de>
Subject Re: Hook into the RollingFileManager#write / Get notice about written bytes
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 18:39:24 GMT
Hi all,

sorry for the late response and thanks for your responses!

I don't want to do some statistical stuff, so unfortunately this
information doesn't suit my needs :(

As Gary said it would be nice for my purpose if I had a listener that's
called right before the log will be written. Maybe with the whole
byte-array or only some information like the byte-size.

I want to do some stuff inside my application like the BurstFilter - but
per written bytes and not per amounts of events. So I want to do some
precautions when X bytes in Y seconds were written.
In the past we had issues that some loops went crazy and logged the same
messages thousand times per second until our disk was full and the
application was unsuable. And because we only know how many bytes our
disk is able to store and not how many events it is able to store, we
couldn't use the BurstFilter... :(

The managers aren't final, but it's also very hard to create a new sub
class of a manager, because some factories are private and so you need
to copy all facotries / factory methods... Not what I like...

Best regards,
Christian