From "Carlsen, Rasmus" <rasmus.carl...@cgi.com>
Subject When the file is rolling, the original file is not reset
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 07:06:58 GMT
Hi
I use log4j 2.5 on weblogic 12C (By adding the argument -Dlog4j.Configuration=log4j2.xml)
with one configurationfile that configure loggings for several deployed applications.

With the attached configuration file, the rollingfileappender role more or less as expected,
but the original file is not reset. Therefore the original file just grow and grow, and so
does the backup files as shown below.

[cid:image002.png@01D1738B.1851AFB0]

If I add append="false" it works as expected and the original file is reset on each role,
but I do not want to clear the logfiles when the application startup.

[cid:image001.png@01D1738C.A501A860]

If I use the same configurationfile without append="false" when running unittests from eclipse
the rolling works exactly as I would expect:

[cid:image003.png@01D1738D.109F8DD0]

Have you seen this before and can you give me a hint for a solution?

Regards, Rasmus Carlsen