From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Async Logger
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 01:16:37 GMT
If you use the system property all Loggers will be asynchronous. If you specify AsyncLogger
in the configuration without the system property then only the AsyncLoggers will be asynchronous.

Ralph

> On Mar 15, 2016, at 5:08 PM, Prasanth Jayachandran <prasanthj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> We are using log4j2 in Apache Hive project. We are exploring the option of using Async
Logger. From the doc, https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/async.html#AllAsync the
requirements for async loggers are the presence of disruptor jar in classpath and the system
property Log4jContextSelector to be set to org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector.

> But I noticed that even without setting the system property, just by having the disruptor
jar in the classpath enables Async logging. Is this a bug or am I missing something here?