From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Async Logger
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 00:11:49 GMT
When you say "enables Async logging", what exactly do you mean? What do you observe?

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2016/03/16, at 11:08, Prasanth Jayachandran <prasanthj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> We are using log4j2 in Apache Hive project. We are exploring the option of using Async
Logger. From the doc, https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/async.html#AllAsync the
requirements for async loggers are the presence of disruptor jar in classpath and the system
property Log4jContextSelector to be set to org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector.

> But I noticed that even without setting the system property, just by having the disruptor
jar in the classpath enables Async logging. Is this a bug or am I missing something here?