From Daniel Walsh <walsh...@tcd.ie>
Subject Log4j2 Backwards Compatibility
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 15:42:52 GMT
Hi Log4j Usergroup,

I have a question regarding support for the previous 1.x configuration
files.

I wish to upgrade the version of Log4j across my companies platform,
however when we deploy our software we expose public logger xml files for
our clients to customize as they wish, this means that in any pre-existing
installation we upgrade we need to be able to support their personalized
configuration, generally any action that would mutate a client-modifiable
file is seen as a blocking issue , not to be attempted under any
circumstance.

I haven't seen any relevant documentation regarding support for the legacy
configuration mode, even the 1.X adapter module looks as if it is intended
as only a wrapper for the package name refactoring.

Is support for the legacy configuration files currently possible using the
latest release of Log4j2.x ?

Thanks,
Daniel