From "Helm, Mary (MCS Release)" <mary.h...@hpe.com>
Subject RE: question
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:35:45 GMT

</Configuration>

Thanks,
Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: Helm, Mary (MCS Release)
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:51 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: question

We have noticed this behavior on app servers running either JBOSS EAP 6.4 or Wildfly 9.0.1
Final.

We are using the Console appender within our log4j2.xml file for our web-app and we are seeing
that any log4j2 messages written to the log are formatted as double-spaced. Removing the "%n"
from our log4j2.xml pattern results in the log4j2 messages appearing on a single line.

Is there a way to single space all the information that is logged in the same file?  We do
want both the JBOSS and application messages in the same server.log file.

Mary T. Helm
Services Information Developer IV, CEM/JAVA SME Medicare Part  B Shared System Claims Processing
Maintenance Medicare Systems High Maturity Group an SEI CMMI Level 5 Organization Hewlett
Packard Enterprise Telephone +1 717.547.7791 Email mary.helm@hpe.com<mailto:mary.helm@hpe.com>
1250 Camp Hill Bypass  MS 1-400
Camp Hill, PA 17011
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
of the intended recipient's) and may contain HP Internal or HP Confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.