From Steven Yang <kenshin...@gmail.com>
Subject Separate appender for each application in same Tomcat
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:40:23 GMT
Hi

I am trying to deploy 2 applications in to one tomcat (originally in 2
separate tomcat).
And I use -Dlog4j.configurationFile to specify my log4j configuration.
However, if I do that both applications will write to the same file.
I want each application to write to there own files.
Both applications have very similar packages and share many common
libraries developed in-house, so using package name to separate logs will
not be what we want.

What is the best solution/practice to this kind of problem?

(using log4j 2.5)

Thanks